Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Weekend Alone in Tahoe

Noah and I have tossed around the idea of taking a few days to ourselves and planning a getaway while he has the time off from work. So that's exactly what we did. We planned a 3 day 2 night stay in South Lake Tahoe. There was limited places to stay at, but we found an adorable little motel called Paradice Motel(it has received the #1 rating for South Lake Tahoe on several travel sites). Other than a place to stay we didn't really plan anything else. We decided to plan as we went along.
We left Saturday morning heading to Grandma Cheryl's house and dropping off the girls. It was a beautiful day making for a great drive up to Tahoe. We arrived in Tahoe around 3:30pm and headed straight to the motel for check-in. We were given room #25 "the game room" It was so cute and quaint.(there are only 14 rooms at this motel)This two room came equipped with a microwave and fridge and a plate of fresh fruit and organic chocolate bars. We were even welcomed with a chalkboard that said... How cool is that.
After unwinding we decided to take a walk to the private beach that we are able to access during our stay. It was a nice beach and very relaxing to walk together with out any interruptions. On the way back we headed to Heavenly Village for dinner. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express and had gourmet specialty sandwiches. We walked around the shops and decided to catch a movie at the Heavenly Village Cinema. When the movie was over we walked to the Nestle Toll House Shop and bought 2 specialty brownies and to drinks to go with our yummy gooey treat. We then decided to head back to the motel and catch the tail end of the Olympics. When we arrived back at our motel we were welcomed with a turn down service, a little plate with Hershey's Chocolate Kisses, 2 Perrier mineral water, and a note that said "Here is a "Kiss" goodnight." This made us feel like an "A" lister.Sunday we scheduled a 1 hour couples massage at the Elements Spa . It was very relaxing and one of the best massages that Noah and I have had. After the massage we went back to the motel and slept uninterrupted. It was a much needed time for rest and relaxation. When we awoke from our nap we went to go eat at Snowflake Drive-In. We each had one of their famous shakes, the tahoe burger, and shared the nacho fries. After our lunch we took a drive along the lake. We stopped at one of the beaches to walk and talk along the waters edge. We did not stay to long because we needed to get ready for our dinner cruise.
We booked a 3.5 hour sunset dinner dance cruise on the MS Dixie II with live band Safari as our entertainment. The MS Dixie sailed into Emerald Bay as the sun set and we spent the time just walking around the boat and enjoying the Lake . We enjoyed people watching. There was some great entertainment from those around us. As went around Emerald Bay it was time for our 4 course dinner. Appetizer, salad, bread and our choice of an entree, and dessert afterwards was really good. After dinner there was dancing, as the live band played. Noah and I had a wonderful night of laughing, talking, eating, dancing, and just enjoying being with each other.
When we back to the motel we enjoyed another turn down service.
On Monday we took our time leaving our motel, but when we checked out we were given a travel bag. It contained 2 water bottles, crackers, mints, and some chocolate. What friendly and caring staff we had at the Paradice Motel. As we headed down the hill to pick up the girls from grandmas we stopped by some art gallery's and shops. Then we ate at Z-pie one of our favorite places. We are very grateful for the time that we had to spend together.

No comments: