Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad and Grandpa!

Today is my Dad's birthday. It's hard to be away from him, because I miss hanging out and talking with him. I want him to know he is loved and appreciated. I wish we could be with him on his special day. This poem is dedicated to my Father and the Grandfather to my children, on his birthday.

Life Lessons

You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.

Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.

Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.

I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.

By Joanna Fuchs

No comments: