Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rascal Flatts Concert with Darius Rucker

Rascal Flatts played in San Jose last night and Noah and I had amazing seats. Darius Rucker (aka lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish) opened up for them. I have to say Noah ans I enjoyed Darius Rucker just as much as Rascal Flatts. His cover of Purple Rain by Prince was great and really got the crowd going. It was evident why Hootie and the Blowfish were/are so successful. Darius is a great live performer.
After Darius, Rascal Flatts came out and put on a great show. The stage and lights were awesome. They opened up the show with their latest hit Summer Nights, and that was a great performance. It really got the crowd going. They played all their fan favorites like Stand, Me and My Gang, Bless the Broken Road and they even played Prayin' For Daylight, which was their very first single back in 2000. The highlight of the evening song-wise for me was the last two songs of the night. They brought Darius up with them, and they did Hootie and the Blowfish's Hold My Hand and then closed the night with Life is a Highway. Noah and I had a Blast!

No comments: