Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Aubrey's new words


Little Aubrey who is 14 months old today is talking so much. These are a few of the words she has been saying lately: more, eat, dink(drink), book, done, apple, dog, go, cookie, and ouwee. Each of these words that she says are done in silly ways. When she says "go" it is done with her arm straight out in front, finger pointing in the direction she wants to go. When she says "done" she does with her head to one side and a shoulder shrug.

The funniest thing is when and how she uses "ouwee". She used "ouwee" the other night when her sister threw a book off the bed and it landed on her head. Rubbing her head and saying "ouwee" we kissed her and hugged her until her "ouwee" was all better. But then she used the word repeatedly the other morning while I was combing, what little bit of hair she actually has. I noticed yesterday she was using "ouwee" when I buckled her in her high chair and car seat, when I was getting her dressed, when I was cleaning her messy face, and when I was trying to change her diaper. That little girl is using "ouwee" when she doesn't want to you to bother her or cramp her style. It's amazing who fast they learn things.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't get enough of your cute little girls! You guys make the cutest ones ever!